Content creation; there are levels to it. Where do you fit in? Overcoming obstacles within each level is crucial to your growth, especially as a content creator on Twitter.
Level 1: Hobbyist/‘On-the side’
Level 2: Full-time
Level 3: Celebrity and above
Which one are you?
If you're reading this, it's more than likely that you create content solely as a hobby. This is where 99% of creators fit in.
Level 1 Traits :
- They create for fun, with no pressure involved
- Most don’t follow a rigours plan (but the minority do)
- Small audience but enough to keep them posting ( < 1000)
Level 1 Pain points :
Level 2 is Level 1 but you're getting paid enough to do it full-time. This is the goal of most content creators.
- They create for fun and for income
- Will follow a rigours plan and content schedule
- Audience big enough for them to make content at a higher rate and to get paid from it.
- They will have other ventures leveraging their audience so that those become successful.(e.g. merchandise, services and sponsorships.)
Level 2 Pain points :
The key to surviving Level 2 is to streamline and save time where possible. Creators at this stage have a lot on their plate, from creating more content to engaging with their audience, they need to be efficient. More time allows them to create new and fresh content and time to collaborate with other creators. In this survey, around 21% said it was hard to find time for everything and 32% were facing the challenge to grow their audience. The moral of the story is to try to and be as time efficient as you can.
- Have teams that are in control of their content and it's schedule.
- Have a large following ( in the millions)
- Have other successful ventures, and partnerships with large media companies and investors
Level 3 Pain points :
As the title suggests, you are probably a household name, have more than enough money and have no business reading this blog (jk).
Hopefully, you were able to evaluate yourself as a brand and what you need to do in order to progress.
To get started on the path to being productive why not try Planny for free and start saving time by scheduling and releasing your content? It's so easy, let's go: Planny.